Welcome to the Hospers Public Library
Register Today for the 2014 Hospers Summer Reading Program. Stop by the library to register for Reading programs for Children ages 1 to 12, Teens and Adults. In each of the reading programs, participates can read whatever they want to. Reading Logs will be available at the library after May 27, 2014.
There will also be a number of Special events at the library this Summer and you do not need to part of the Summer Reading Program to attend. All events are FREE and Open to the Public. Events for the summer include: Steve and Tv: the Amazing Body Show, Zinnhoppers, Mad Science of Iowa, Sioux Fall Zoo Mobile, Sunday Ford and More!
Tumble Books! Ebooks for kids!
What is Tumble Books?
The TumbleBookLibrary is a collection of TumbleBooks (animated, talking picture books) with fiction, non-fiction and foreign language titles, Read-Alongs (chapter books with sentence highlighting and narration but no animation), TumbleTV which consists of pre-set playlists of a sequence of books, and Tumble Puzzles & Games. A special Thank You for Den Hartog Industries for helping to make Tumblebooks possible!
Hospers Library has expanded its Wilbor services to include E-Books. Library card holders can check and download ebooks anytime. Visit http://wilbor.lib.overdrive.com.
Want to listen to Audiobooks on your MP3 player or Ipod? You can use your library card to download free audiobooks from the Wilbor Website.
LearningExpress Library is an interactive online learning platform featuring over 770 practice tests, tutorials, and eBooks related to job search and workplace skills improvement, career certification and licensing exam preparation, college entrance and graduate school admissions exam preparation, GED exam preparation, and basic skills improvement in reading, writing, and math, for all ages. You'll get immediate scoring, complete answer explanations, and an individualized analysis of your results.
- Click the Register button under the New Users section at the bottom of the page.
- For your username, enter your 14-digit library card number, without any spaces. Create a password, verify your password, and then click the Register button. Usernames and passwords must be a minimum of 6 characters and should not include spaces. Please save your username and password as they will be required each time you logon to the site.
- Choose one of the Learning Centers to begin using resources.
- Enter your username and password on the Returning User Login section at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the Login button
- Choose one of the Learning Centers to access our resources
You have the world of information at your fingertips!
EBSCOhost offers free web-based information resources including: Full Text Magazines, Journals, Encyclopedias, Newpapers, Graphics and more.
Sioux County Newspapers Online. Search all of Sioux County's Newpapers dating back to the late 1800 to today!